No products in the cart.
Turmeric powder₹ 150.00 – ₹ 275.00
Turmeric powder is made by 'Sendriya Krishi Bhushan' Shri. Rajendra Bhat, an Award winning Organic Farmer in Badlapur, Dist. Thane who has been doing Sustainable Organic Farming at his farm for over 30 years. Made from Indigenous Selam variety of Whole Turmeric Fingers sown naturally. Grown without using Chemicals, Pesticides the product is Reside Free, Safe and a product that heals. Highlights : - Zero Preservatives - Zero Additives - 100% Organically grown - 100% Residue free - 100% Natural Benefits : 1. Contains bioactive compounds with therapeutic benefits 2. High Curcumin content which is a natural anti-inflammatory compound 3. Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body 4. Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases 5. Lower risk of heart disease 6. Reduces inflammation in joint, helping reduce arthritic pain 7. Helps fight age related chronic diseases Uses : • Toss it with roasted veggies • Add it to rice • Blend into a smoothie • Make Tea (turmeric, coconut milk, ginger) • Use it in soups & stews • Make a Turmeric latte
Himalayan pink salt₹ 110.00 – ₹ 500.00
250 million years ago, continents were clumped into one mass and a piece of the pristine primordial sea was captured in the heart of the Himalayas. Deposited and sealed within the Earth, it has been preserved with all its beauty intact. It is full of electrolytes that you need to recharge your system, particularly after exercise. Highlights :
- High mineral content, all natural, organic
- The darker the color the more minerals that are in the salt
- Contains 84 trace minerals – including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron
- Made without additives
- Clean, fresh taste with no bitterness
- Seasons meats, grilled vegetables, a variety of salads, soups & stews or use when baking
- Naturally enhances flavour of food
- Ideal for cooking, salt rubs and drinks
Kashmiri red chilli powder₹ 150.00
- Mild Hot
- Quality chilli powder to make your food hot and colourful
- Can be used in all types of cooking for that chilli flavour and a distinct red colour
- It is added to marinade for marinating and to frying onions along with chopped tomatoes while preparing curries.
Sourced directly from Kashmir farmers, Kashmiri red chilly powder is known for its aroma, rich flavour & mild hotness. Red Chillies are grown using natural farming principles, are sun dried and then ground into powder.
- Source of antioxidants
- Rich source of iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium
- Excellent source of Vitamin A & C
Kashmiri kesar₹ 300.00
Kesar in India comes from three major destinations, Spain, Iran and our Kashmir.
Kashmiri Saffron is produced in the Saffron fields of Pampore region, Kashmir, India is known to be the best variety of Saffron in the world for its silky, smooth, and fine stigmas that impart a distinct aroma, flavour and colour to your dishes. Kashmiri Saffron is produced at a very large scale for commercial purposes in Kashmir Valley, India.
There are more than one grades of Kashmiri Saffron that differ in quality. These grades are derived based on the portion of the Saffron flower they contain. These parts of the Saffron flower form the corresponding grades of the Kashmiri Saffron.
Parts of Kashmiri Saffron: Mongra, Laccha, Zarda. Here's what you should know :
Mongra – This portion of the Crocus Sativus flower is the deep crimson-red coloured stigmas which are enriched with the essential nutrients that gives you all the health benefits. Mongra is the purest and the most expensive form of Kashmiri Saffron.
Laccha – This portion of the flower consists of the pure Mongra part along with a yellow tail segment of the flower. Kashmiri Laccha Saffron is considered to be lesser in quality than Mongra.
Zarda – This portion of the Saffron flower consists of the whole stamen of the flower which also consists the Laccha part. This is also called "Spanish Kesar".
Of all these parts, Mongra is the purest and the actual edible Saffron that gives the flavour, aroma and colour along with all the nutrients and this is what we sell !
One saffron plant usually only bears four flowers and each flower contains only three stigmas which are collected and dried. This diligent procurement process makes Kashmiri Mongra Saffron and one of the most expensive and valuable spices in the world.
How To Use Saffron?
Saffron not only imparts a distinct flavor and aroma but also makes your dish look more presentable. Saffron can be used in thread or ground form, depending on the recipe. If you are using saffron to garnish your dish and wish to create a visual impression, you can use threads. On the other hand, if you want the saffron to blend with your dish such that it is not obvious to the eye, you should go for its powdered form.
The cooking tips given below will enable you to reap the maximum benefits from this magical spice:
• You can prepare powdered saffron instead of buying it from a supplier. You can do this by grinding the saffron threads with a mortar and pestle. If you find it difficult to grind the threads due to the moisture content, add a pinch of sugar to them and then grind. This will make grinding easier without affecting your recipe.
• You can make liquid saffron by adding 3 to 5 teaspoons of warm or boiling water to powdered saffron and allow it to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes. Store it in a jar for a few weeks and use when needed. Liquid saffron can also be prepared with milk, vinegar, or wine instead of water. It is usually added to other ingredients towards the end of cooking to draw out the color and disperse the flavor throughout the dish.
• You can also make saffron milk. You need 1 cup of boiled milk, a pinch of saffron, and 2 teaspoons of sugar (if needed). Add the sugar and saffron to boiled milk. This saffron milk tea can be a good addition to your regular routine.
• Protection Against Cold. Saffron is an effective tonic to treat cold and fever
• Promotes Memory Retention
• Relieves Menstrual Cramps
• Helps Treat Insomnia
• Good For Heart
Storing Saffron :
You can store saffron in an airtight container in a cool and dark place. Do not store it in the refrigerator as the spice may develop fungus due to the moist environment all around. Though saffron does not expire or spoil, it can lose its flavor and potency over time (usually in two to four years).
Premium hing (crystals)
This is 100% Hing, without any flour mixed unlike the ones available in the market. Hing (Asafoetida) is a spice which is extracted from Ferula Assa-Foetida; it is also popular by several other rather interesting names as well like devil’s dung, stinking gum, food of the gods & jowani badian in different parts of the country. Buddhist vegetarians steer clear of eating hing, as it is one of the 5 spices avoided by them. Its a pungent spice that ads an unmissable flavour to any dish it is added to. Dals, Kadhis and simpler vegetarian dishes are some of the dishes hing or hing water is added to. It is a resin like gum which is extracted from dried sap of the stem and roots of Ferula plant and then crushed in a traditional method, between heavy stones or by a hammer, this requires a lot of manpower. A species of the herb is found in the desserts of Iran and the mountains of Afghanistan, but it is also cultivated in India, mainly in the regions of Kashmir. In Ancient India, rishi munis and vaids were also healers as they knew about the medicinal properties of all herbs and spices. They preferred ayurvedic medicines and remedies to cure many everyday health issues. Hing also has many medicinal properties and you may have heard your grandmothers suggest that Hing tadka is a must to your dals at night as it helps aid digestion.
Benefits of using Hing1. Aid to stomach problems It is most commonly used as a digestive aid apart from cooking, it is considered as one of the best remedies to balance vata dosha. It is also used as a remedy for flatulence, constipation and digestion. It can be taken with butter milk to help cleanse the digestive system. 2.Antimicrobial It is known to be one of the best home remedies for asthma and bronchitis. In many parts of the world like Afganistan, China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia it is taken to relieve symptoms of whooping cough, asthma and ulcer. 3.Anti-coagulant It has the properties to control cholesterol and blood pressure level and fat consumption too. The gum contains a relaxant compound which improves the blood flow and reduces arterial blood pressure, thus having a positive effect on blood pressure and cardiovascular health. It also has phenolic acid, ferulic acid and tannins which regulate the blood sugar level. Other benefits of Hing include remedy for intestinal gas, bloating and cramps during menstrual cycle and mucous discharge.
Dry Ginger Powder₹ 85.00
Dry Ginger Powder primarily used as herbal supplements for gastritis and weight management.This weight management supplement is rich source of beneficial nutrients to promote healthy joint care and to resolve gastric issues. Moreover, this dry ginger root powder may contain alpha pinene, aluminium, beta-carotene, copper iron, riboflavin etc. Additionally, dry ginger powder may contain vitamins, selenium, resins, folate etc. to support healthy living. Furthermore, this supplements for gastritis may exert medicinal properties such as antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, detoxicant etc. It also may depict laxative, immunity boosting, and digestive properties to maintain a stomach health. Key Ingredients:
- Zingiber officinale 100%
- Sunthi powder has carminative & antibacterial properties
- Zingiber officinale helps eliminate acidity, gas & stomach problems, thus may support digestive functions
- Sunthi ginger powder dry has anti-inflammatory & anti-arthritic properties may help in relieving joint problems
- Sunthee / Sonth / Ginger is a valued herb for its stimulant action on the gastrointestinal tract
- May use ginger powder for weight loss
- Read the label carefully before use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Use under medical supervision
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage
- Store in a cool and dry place
Cinnamon powder₹ 135.00
Ceylon cinnamon is always know as the "true cinnamon" or the "real cinnamon" which has a enormous health benefits. It is basically from Sri Lanka, India, Madagascar, Brazil and the Caribbean. It is one of the oldest spices which have been used for flavoring and its medicinal qualities. It is most popular spices Indian cuisine. Ceylon cinnamon is fine sources of some minerals like manganese. It is also excellent sources of dietary fiber, iron and calcium. It is light weight, fragile and easy to break. Ceylon cinnamon looks thin and has a texture of paper type bark that rolled into some multiple layers.
Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon:It lowers blood sugar levels. It fights against bacteria and fungus. It improves digestion. It lowers cholesterol. It boosts memory and protects the brain. It lowers cholesterol. It is anti-gastric ulcer effects. It helps in wound healing.
Black pepper powder₹ 125.00
Black pepper (Piper nigrum) is a flowering vine in the family Piperaceae, cultivated for its fruit, which is usually dried and used as a spice and seasoning. The fruit, known as a peppercorn when dried, is approximately 5 millimetres (0.20 in) in diameter, dark red when fully mature, and, like all drupes, contains a single seed. Peppercorns, and the ground pepper derived from them, may be described simply as pepper, or more precisely as black pepper (cooked and dried unripe fruit), green pepper (dried unripe fruit) and white pepper (ripe fruit seeds). Black pepper is native to south India, and is extensively cultivated there and elsewhere in tropical regions. Currently Vietnam is the world's largest producer and exporter of pepper, producing 34% of the world's Piper nigrum crop as of 2008. Dried ground pepper has been used since antiquity for both its flavour and as a traditional medicine. Black pepper is the world's most traded spice. It is one of the most common spices added to European cuisine and its descendants. The spiciness of black pepper is due to the chemical piperine, not to be confused with the capsaicin that gives fleshy peppers theirs. It is ubiquitous in the modern world as a seasoning, and is often paired with salt. Pepper is largely used by meat packers and in canning, pickling, baking, considering for its preservative value. It has the ability to correct the seasoning of dishes, therefore used as a final dash at the end of cooking to effectively adjust the flavour. It is an important component of culinary seasoning of universal use and is an essential ingredient of numerous commercial foodstuffs. It is also used as an ingredient in spice mixes.
Health Benefits :
- High in antioxidants.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- May benefit your brain.
- May improve blood sugar control.
- May lower cholesterol levels.
- Boosts absorption of nutrients.
- May promote gut health.
- May reduce appetite.
- A versatile spice.
White pepper powder₹ 200.00
White pepper (Piper nigrum) is a flowering vine in the family Piperaceae. Black and white peppercorns are both the fruit of the pepper plant, but they are processed differently. Black peppercorns are picked when almost ripe and sun-dried, turning the outer layer black. White pepper is prepared by having the outer layer removed before or after drying, leaving only the inner seed. Peppercorns are widely believed to the most commonly used culinary spice in the world. It has been used throughout history in herbal medicine and to preserve food. Health Benefits of white pepper : 1. White pepper may help fight cancer. 2. White pepper may aid in digestion. 3. White pepper can assist in the antioxidant defense. 4. White pepper may improve dental health. 5. White pepper may help skin conditions. 6. White pepper may help with weight loss. 7. White pepper is helpful for improving bone health. White pepper contains minerals, such as manganese, copper, and magnesium, which are essential for healthy bone development and strength, particularly as people begin to age, and their bones gradually weaken.
Nutmeg powder₹ 200.00
Nutmeg tree yields up to three times in a season. Once harvested from the tree, its outer coat or husk is removed and discarded. Just underneath the tough husk is the golden-brown color aril, known as "mace," firmly enveloping around the nutmeg kernel. Mace is gently peeled off from the kernel surface, flattened into strips, dried, and sold either as whole (blades) or finely ground. Nutmeg kernel is then dried under the sun for several days to weeks. At larger commercial set-ups, this process is accomplished rather more rapidly over a hot drier machine until the whole nutmeg rattles inside the shell. Nutmeg and mace spice contains many plant-derived chemical compounds that are known to have been anti-oxidant, disease preventing, and health promoting properties. The active principles in nutmeg have many therapeutic applications in many traditional medicines as anti-fungal, anti-depressant, aphrodisiac, digestive, and carminative functions. This spice is a good source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese and copper are used by the body as co-factors for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Iron is essential for red blood cell production and as a co-factor for cytochrome oxidases enzymes. It is also rich in many vital B-complex vitamins, including vitamin C, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A and many flavonoid anti-oxidants like beta-carotene and cryptoxanthin that are essential for optimum health.
Mustard yellow₹ 30.00
Yellow Mustard seeds are farmer sourced from the affluent state of Bihar where a group of farmers practice Regenerative Agriculture. Yellow mustard has becomes popular because of it's unique, strong and spicy flavor and is used as condiment in hotdogs, salads, sandwiches and burgers around the world. Mustard is rich in protein, fiber, vitamin C and many of the B-complex vitamins. There are several health benefits of mustard for the body like relief from muscular pains, ringworm, and respiratory disorders and also helps in treating cancer and diabetes. Health Benefits:
- Skin issues, including dermatitis, psoriasis and ringworm
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiovascular disease
- General aches and pains
- Consuming a tsp of yellow mustard powder can help in maintaining strong bones, joints and muscles
- Inhaling the steam of heated mustard seeds or gargling with mustard tea, helps expelling mucus out of the throat and lungs.
- To relieve arthritis pain, massage the painful area with mustard oil for 10-15 minutes. Do this 2 or 3 times daily for immediate results.
- Chewing raw mustard seeds is suggested for immediate relief from a headache, back spasms, congestion and even constipation, since they’re high in fiber. Eaten raw, mustard seeds have an intense, bitter taste. And with just 32 calories in 1 tablespoon of ground mustard seeds, they’re an appetite-killing snack that can aid in weight loss.
- Mustard seed and honey are a popular flavor combination, bringing a recognizable sweet heat to salads and chicken. Slather them on everything as a stand-alone honey-mustard condiment. Whipping up a batch of raw mustard seeds and honey into a condiment at home is a delicious way to incorporate the seeds into your everyday diet.
- Adding mustard seeds to a hot skillet and frying them until they pop like popcorn is one trendy way home cooks and chefs alike can add mustard seeds to everyday salad, soup and sandwich recipes. Mustard seeds also can be pickled and used somewhat like a tasty garnish. You can also use uncooked mustard seeds to infuse flavor into oils, marinades and dressings.