No products in the cart.
- Mild Hot
- Quality chilli powder to make your food hot and colourful
- Can be used in all types of cooking for that chilli flavour and a distinct red colour
- It is added to marinade for marinating and to frying onions along with chopped tomatoes while preparing curries.
Sourced directly from Kashmir farmers, Kashmiri red chilly powder is known for its aroma, rich flavour & mild hotness. Red Chillies are grown using natural farming principles, are sun dried and then ground into powder.
- Source of antioxidants
- Rich source of iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium
- Excellent source of Vitamin A & C
Only loggedin customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Kesar (mongra)₹ 300.00
Kesar in India comes from three major destinations, Spain, Iran and our Kashmir.
Kashmiri Saffron is produced in the Saffron fields of Pampore region, Kashmir, India is known to be the best variety of Saffron in the world for its silky, smooth, and fine stigmas that impart a distinct aroma, flavour and colour to your dishes. Kashmiri Saffron is produced at a very large scale for commercial purposes in Kashmir Valley, India.
There are more than one grades of Kashmiri Saffron that differ in quality. These grades are derived based on the portion of the Saffron flower they contain. These parts of the Saffron flower form the corresponding grades of the Kashmiri Saffron.
Parts of Kashmiri Saffron: Mongra, Laccha, Zarda. Here's what you should know :
Mongra – This portion of the Crocus Sativus flower is the deep crimson-red coloured stigmas which are enriched with the essential nutrients that gives you all the health benefits. Mongra is the purest and the most expensive form of Kashmiri Saffron.
Laccha – This portion of the flower consists of the pure Mongra part along with a yellow tail segment of the flower. Kashmiri Laccha Saffron is considered to be lesser in quality than Mongra.
Zarda – This portion of the Saffron flower consists of the whole stamen of the flower which also consists the Laccha part. This is also called "Spanish Kesar".
Of all these parts, Mongra is the purest and the actual edible Saffron that gives the flavour, aroma and colour along with all the nutrients and this is what we sell !
One saffron plant usually only bears four flowers and each flower contains only three stigmas which are collected and dried. This diligent procurement process makes Kashmiri Mongra Saffron and one of the most expensive and valuable spices in the world.
How To Use Saffron?
Saffron not only imparts a distinct flavor and aroma but also makes your dish look more presentable. Saffron can be used in thread or ground form, depending on the recipe. If you are using saffron to garnish your dish and wish to create a visual impression, you can use threads. On the other hand, if you want the saffron to blend with your dish such that it is not obvious to the eye, you should go for its powdered form.
The cooking tips given below will enable you to reap the maximum benefits from this magical spice:
• You can prepare powdered saffron instead of buying it from a supplier. You can do this by grinding the saffron threads with a mortar and pestle. If you find it difficult to grind the threads due to the moisture content, add a pinch of sugar to them and then grind. This will make grinding easier without affecting your recipe.
• You can make liquid saffron by adding 3 to 5 teaspoons of warm or boiling water to powdered saffron and allow it to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes. Store it in a jar for a few weeks and use when needed. Liquid saffron can also be prepared with milk, vinegar, or wine instead of water. It is usually added to other ingredients towards the end of cooking to draw out the color and disperse the flavor throughout the dish.
• You can also make saffron milk. You need 1 cup of boiled milk, a pinch of saffron, and 2 teaspoons of sugar (if needed). Add the sugar and saffron to boiled milk. This saffron milk tea can be a good addition to your regular routine.
• Protection Against Cold. Saffron is an effective tonic to treat cold and fever
• Promotes Memory Retention
• Relieves Menstrual Cramps
• Helps Treat Insomnia
• Good For Heart
Storing Saffron :
You can store saffron in an airtight container in a cool and dark place. Do not store it in the refrigerator as the spice may develop fungus due to the moist environment all around. Though saffron does not expire or spoil, it can lose its flavor and potency over time (usually in two to four years).
Cinnamon powder₹ 135.00
Ceylon cinnamon is always know as the "true cinnamon" or the "real cinnamon" which has a enormous health benefits. It is basically from Sri Lanka, India, Madagascar, Brazil and the Caribbean. It is one of the oldest spices which have been used for flavoring and its medicinal qualities. It is most popular spices Indian cuisine. Ceylon cinnamon is fine sources of some minerals like manganese. It is also excellent sources of dietary fiber, iron and calcium. It is light weight, fragile and easy to break. Ceylon cinnamon looks thin and has a texture of paper type bark that rolled into some multiple layers.
Health Benefits of Ceylon Cinnamon:It lowers blood sugar levels. It fights against bacteria and fungus. It improves digestion. It lowers cholesterol. It boosts memory and protects the brain. It lowers cholesterol. It is anti-gastric ulcer effects. It helps in wound healing.
Premium hing (crystals)
This is 100% Hing, without any flour mixed unlike the ones available in the market. Hing (Asafoetida) is a spice which is extracted from Ferula Assa-Foetida; it is also popular by several other rather interesting names as well like devil’s dung, stinking gum, food of the gods & jowani badian in different parts of the country. Buddhist vegetarians steer clear of eating hing, as it is one of the 5 spices avoided by them. Its a pungent spice that ads an unmissable flavour to any dish it is added to. Dals, Kadhis and simpler vegetarian dishes are some of the dishes hing or hing water is added to. It is a resin like gum which is extracted from dried sap of the stem and roots of Ferula plant and then crushed in a traditional method, between heavy stones or by a hammer, this requires a lot of manpower. A species of the herb is found in the desserts of Iran and the mountains of Afghanistan, but it is also cultivated in India, mainly in the regions of Kashmir. In Ancient India, rishi munis and vaids were also healers as they knew about the medicinal properties of all herbs and spices. They preferred ayurvedic medicines and remedies to cure many everyday health issues. Hing also has many medicinal properties and you may have heard your grandmothers suggest that Hing tadka is a must to your dals at night as it helps aid digestion.
Benefits of using Hing1. Aid to stomach problems It is most commonly used as a digestive aid apart from cooking, it is considered as one of the best remedies to balance vata dosha. It is also used as a remedy for flatulence, constipation and digestion. It can be taken with butter milk to help cleanse the digestive system. 2.Antimicrobial It is known to be one of the best home remedies for asthma and bronchitis. In many parts of the world like Afganistan, China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia it is taken to relieve symptoms of whooping cough, asthma and ulcer. 3.Anti-coagulant It has the properties to control cholesterol and blood pressure level and fat consumption too. The gum contains a relaxant compound which improves the blood flow and reduces arterial blood pressure, thus having a positive effect on blood pressure and cardiovascular health. It also has phenolic acid, ferulic acid and tannins which regulate the blood sugar level. Other benefits of Hing include remedy for intestinal gas, bloating and cramps during menstrual cycle and mucous discharge.
Snow Mountain garlic₹ 300.00
Ek pothi lahsun... or Kashmiri garlic grows at an high altitude in a climate with extremely low oxygen levels and snowy conditions.
It is one of the purest varieties due to the region where it is grown and the lack of industrial pollutants in the soil
- Good source of manganese, copper, selenium, phosphorus, vitamin B6 & C
- Contains enzymes allinin & allinase, when crushed it forms allicin which has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties
- Highly recommended for good health and beneficial for Heart Ailments.
- Can be used raw and cooked
- To maximize the effect, crush or mince before using
- Garlic pearls can be crushed and swallowed by drinking one glass of water
- Can be used in any recipe that calls for garlic