No products in the cart.
250 million years ago, continents were clumped into one mass and a piece of the pristine primordial sea was captured in the heart of the Himalayas. Deposited and sealed within the Earth, it has been preserved with all its beauty intact. It is full of electrolytes that you need to recharge your system, particularly after exercise.
- High mineral content, all natural, organic
- The darker the color the more minerals that are in the salt
- Contains 84 trace minerals – including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron
- Made without additives
- Clean, fresh taste with no bitterness
- Seasons meats, grilled vegetables, a variety of salads, soups & stews or use when baking
- Naturally enhances flavour of food
- Ideal for cooking, salt rubs and drinks
Only loggedin customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Kashmiri kesar₹ 300.00
Kesar in India comes from three major destinations, Spain, Iran and our Kashmir.
Kashmiri Saffron is produced in the Saffron fields of Pampore region, Kashmir, India is known to be the best variety of Saffron in the world for its silky, smooth, and fine stigmas that impart a distinct aroma, flavour and colour to your dishes. Kashmiri Saffron is produced at a very large scale for commercial purposes in Kashmir Valley, India.
There are more than one grades of Kashmiri Saffron that differ in quality. These grades are derived based on the portion of the Saffron flower they contain. These parts of the Saffron flower form the corresponding grades of the Kashmiri Saffron.
Parts of Kashmiri Saffron: Mongra, Laccha, Zarda. Here's what you should know :
Mongra – This portion of the Crocus Sativus flower is the deep crimson-red coloured stigmas which are enriched with the essential nutrients that gives you all the health benefits. Mongra is the purest and the most expensive form of Kashmiri Saffron.
Laccha – This portion of the flower consists of the pure Mongra part along with a yellow tail segment of the flower. Kashmiri Laccha Saffron is considered to be lesser in quality than Mongra.
Zarda – This portion of the Saffron flower consists of the whole stamen of the flower which also consists the Laccha part. This is also called "Spanish Kesar".
Of all these parts, Mongra is the purest and the actual edible Saffron that gives the flavour, aroma and colour along with all the nutrients and this is what we sell !
One saffron plant usually only bears four flowers and each flower contains only three stigmas which are collected and dried. This diligent procurement process makes Kashmiri Mongra Saffron and one of the most expensive and valuable spices in the world.
How To Use Saffron?
Saffron not only imparts a distinct flavor and aroma but also makes your dish look more presentable. Saffron can be used in thread or ground form, depending on the recipe. If you are using saffron to garnish your dish and wish to create a visual impression, you can use threads. On the other hand, if you want the saffron to blend with your dish such that it is not obvious to the eye, you should go for its powdered form.
The cooking tips given below will enable you to reap the maximum benefits from this magical spice:
• You can prepare powdered saffron instead of buying it from a supplier. You can do this by grinding the saffron threads with a mortar and pestle. If you find it difficult to grind the threads due to the moisture content, add a pinch of sugar to them and then grind. This will make grinding easier without affecting your recipe.
• You can make liquid saffron by adding 3 to 5 teaspoons of warm or boiling water to powdered saffron and allow it to infuse for 5 to 10 minutes. Store it in a jar for a few weeks and use when needed. Liquid saffron can also be prepared with milk, vinegar, or wine instead of water. It is usually added to other ingredients towards the end of cooking to draw out the color and disperse the flavor throughout the dish.
• You can also make saffron milk. You need 1 cup of boiled milk, a pinch of saffron, and 2 teaspoons of sugar (if needed). Add the sugar and saffron to boiled milk. This saffron milk tea can be a good addition to your regular routine.
• Protection Against Cold. Saffron is an effective tonic to treat cold and fever
• Promotes Memory Retention
• Relieves Menstrual Cramps
• Helps Treat Insomnia
• Good For Heart
Storing Saffron :
You can store saffron in an airtight container in a cool and dark place. Do not store it in the refrigerator as the spice may develop fungus due to the moist environment all around. Though saffron does not expire or spoil, it can lose its flavor and potency over time (usually in two to four years).
Kashmiri red chilli powder
Rated 4.00 out of 5₹ 150.00
- Mild Hot
- Quality chilli powder to make your food hot and colourful
- Can be used in all types of cooking for that chilli flavour and a distinct red colour
- It is added to marinade for marinating and to frying onions along with chopped tomatoes while preparing curries.
Sourced directly from Kashmir farmers, Kashmiri red chilly powder is known for its aroma, rich flavour & mild hotness. Red Chillies are grown using natural farming principles, are sun dried and then ground into powder.
- Source of antioxidants
- Rich source of iron, potassium, manganese and magnesium
- Excellent source of Vitamin A & C
Premium hing (crystals)
Rated 4.67 out of 5
This is 100% Hing, without any flour mixed unlike the ones available in the market. Hing (Asafoetida) is a spice which is extracted from Ferula Assa-Foetida; it is also popular by several other rather interesting names as well like devil’s dung, stinking gum, food of the gods & jowani badian in different parts of the country. Buddhist vegetarians steer clear of eating hing, as it is one of the 5 spices avoided by them. Its a pungent spice that ads an unmissable flavour to any dish it is added to. Dals, Kadhis and simpler vegetarian dishes are some of the dishes hing or hing water is added to. It is a resin like gum which is extracted from dried sap of the stem and roots of Ferula plant and then crushed in a traditional method, between heavy stones or by a hammer, this requires a lot of manpower. A species of the herb is found in the desserts of Iran and the mountains of Afghanistan, but it is also cultivated in India, mainly in the regions of Kashmir. In Ancient India, rishi munis and vaids were also healers as they knew about the medicinal properties of all herbs and spices. They preferred ayurvedic medicines and remedies to cure many everyday health issues. Hing also has many medicinal properties and you may have heard your grandmothers suggest that Hing tadka is a must to your dals at night as it helps aid digestion.
Benefits of using Hing1. Aid to stomach problems It is most commonly used as a digestive aid apart from cooking, it is considered as one of the best remedies to balance vata dosha. It is also used as a remedy for flatulence, constipation and digestion. It can be taken with butter milk to help cleanse the digestive system. 2.Antimicrobial It is known to be one of the best home remedies for asthma and bronchitis. In many parts of the world like Afganistan, China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Malaysia it is taken to relieve symptoms of whooping cough, asthma and ulcer. 3.Anti-coagulant It has the properties to control cholesterol and blood pressure level and fat consumption too. The gum contains a relaxant compound which improves the blood flow and reduces arterial blood pressure, thus having a positive effect on blood pressure and cardiovascular health. It also has phenolic acid, ferulic acid and tannins which regulate the blood sugar level. Other benefits of Hing include remedy for intestinal gas, bloating and cramps during menstrual cycle and mucous discharge.
Rated 5.00 out of 5₹ 150.00 – ₹ 275.00
Turmeric powder is made by 'Sendriya Krishi Bhushan' Shri. Rajendra Bhat, an Award winning Organic Farmer in Badlapur, Dist. Thane who has been doing Sustainable Organic Farming at his farm for over 30 years. Made from Indigenous Selam variety of Whole Turmeric Fingers sown naturally. Grown without using Chemicals, Pesticides the product is Reside Free, Safe and a product that heals. Highlights : - Zero Preservatives - Zero Additives - 100% Organically grown - 100% Residue free - 100% Natural Benefits : 1. Contains bioactive compounds with therapeutic benefits 2. High Curcumin content which is a natural anti-inflammatory compound 3. Turmeric Dramatically Increases the Antioxidant Capacity of the Body 4. Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases 5. Lower risk of heart disease 6. Reduces inflammation in joint, helping reduce arthritic pain 7. Helps fight age related chronic diseases Uses : • Toss it with roasted veggies • Add it to rice • Blend into a smoothie • Make Tea (turmeric, coconut milk, ginger) • Use it in soups & stews • Make a Turmeric latte