No products in the cart.
₹ 125.00 – ₹ 225.00
Sourced directly from farmers, grown without chemicals and pesticides with nature’s best himalayan water and the purest natural conditions.
Here Are Some Benefits Of Kidney Beans You May Not Have Known :
Rich In Protein:Vegans and vegetarians often find themselves in a dearth of options when it comes to protein sources. According to USDA, a 100-gram serving of raw kidney beans contain about 24 grams of protein. Kidney beans teamed with rice are dubbed as the complete protein meal. Leaving soy and quinoa, plant-based protein sources like beans, nuts and whole grains are incapable of giving you your required fill of protein. But, they can be combined with other foods to complete your set of proteins. Legumes are great proteins, and are also loaded with good quality fibre. The combination of grains and legumes works well if you want a variety of amino acids in a single meal. If you eat a variety of plant-based foods and legumes, you will get your dose of complete protein and nutrition.
However, make sure you maintain portion control. Kidney beans are abundantly loaded with protein phaseolin, which may cause allergic reactions in some people.
Good For Digestion: Kidney beans contain a hearty mix of both soluble and insoluble fibre. Fibre helps to promote good digestive health and bowel regularity. But again, you have to ensure that you do not overindulge, or you may have problems like gas and flatulence.
Good For Diabetics: A good part of kidney beans are carbs. But, don’t you fret already. The carbs present in kidney beans are the good kinds, also known as the ‘slow-release carbohydrate’. These carbs delay the digestion, which aids slow release of sugars in the blood stream. Kidney beans have a very low glycemic index (29), which makes it an ideal food for diabetics.
High In Essential Minerals: Rajma is high in blood building iron, phosphorous – which plays a crucial role in healthy bones and teeth – and vitamin K that helps protect the nervous system from free radical damage.
Lowers Cholesterol: Kidney beans are rich in soluble fibres. Soluble fibre attracts water and turns it into gel during digestion. While we all know that soluble fibres help promoting digestion but not many know that they also help lower “unhealthy” (LDL)cholesterol.
Weight Loss: Kidney beans are packed with proteins and fibres, both of which help induce a sense of satiety. When you feel full, you would binge less and would be able to manage your weight better. They also contain substantial amounts of resistant starch, which may play an effective role in weight management.
Kidney beans contain many bioactive plant compounds, including :
- Isoflavones. A class of antioxidants present in high amounts in Rajma, isoflavones are categorized as phytoestrogens due to their similarity to the female sex hormone, estrogen.
- Anthocyanins. This family of colorful antioxidants occurs in the skin of kidney beans. The color of red kidney beans is mainly due to an anthocyanin known as pelargonidin.
- Phytohaemagglutinin. This toxic protein exists in high amounts in raw kidney beans, especially red varieties. It can be eliminated through cooking.
- Phytic acid. Found in all edible seeds, phytic acid (phytate) impairs your absorption of various minerals, such as iron and zinc. It can be reduced by soaking, sprouting, or fermenting the beans.
- Starch blockers. A class of lectins, also known as alpha-amylase inhibitors, starch blockers impair or delay the absorption of carbs from your digestive tract but are inactivated by cooking.
Only loggedin customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.