No products in the cart.
₹ 250.00 – ₹ 450.00
We extract hempseed oil naturally from hemp seeds grown in Uttarakhand.
It is Raw, unrefined and cold pressed – a healing product just as Nature would want – without preservatives.
Why Mr. Nature’s Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp seed oil has been dubbed “Nature’s most perfectly balanced oil”, due to the fact that it contains the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (linoleic/ LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/ LNA) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition. In addition, it also contains smaller amounts of 3 other polyunsaturated fatty acids in Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), oleic acid and stearidonic acid. This EFA combination is unique among edible oil seeds.
Besides containing the balanced Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio the following are the benefits generally derived from this oil :
– Excellent source of essential fatty acids including Omega 3, 6 and GLA
– Lower blood LDL cholesterol levels
– Lower blood pressure
– Improve cardiovascular circulation & function
– Improve organ function
– Improve immunity levels
– Increased energy levels & metabolic rate
– Reduce symptoms of PMS & menstrual cramps
– Reduce inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis
– Improve recovery of muscles after exercise
– Reduce & treat dry skin and hair conditions
– Contains no preservatives
– Non-GMO seed
– 100% Vegan
How to use ?
Filtered hemp oil can be applied straight ( undiluted ) to the skin. This particular topical application has the following effects.
Moisturizer – Hemp oil behaves as a great natural moisturizer that doesn’t feel and look too oily compared to something similar to olive oil. Works great for eczema.
Drying effect – This oil dries up after some time, making the skin look normal and natural.
Anti-ageing – Hemp oil might have anti-ageing effects on skin. It increases the composition of epidural lipids ( fats within the outermost kin layer ) and enhance the overall functioning of skin.
It offers a delicate nutty flavor to every dish. In addition to it, we can make smoothies, salads, vegetables, and all kinds of pasta using this essential oil.
A gentle massage on your body nourishes the skin and increases the blood circulation and is good for all skin types.
Skin oxygenation and hydration can be achieved by the regular use of Hemp oil as they contain omega 6 fatty acids that will in turn help in preventing psoriasis.
Hemp essential oil has a zero comedogenic rating, which simply means it won’t clog skin pores at all.
Hemp essential oil can be used as a cooking oil, however, not suitable for high heat cooking/frying and it acts as salad dressing in case if you run out of olive oil.
Plants and herbal products contain many bioactive compounds, which may be harmful to your health in some cases. However, when inhaled or combined with a base oil for use on your skin, most essential oils are considered safe.
Hemp oil might have several anticoagulant effect. So, those people who are about to undergo surgical treatment should quit taking hemp oil fourteen days just before surgery.
Always consult a doctor immediately if you observe any adverse symptoms after application.
There are no review yet.
Only loggedin customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
What are cold pressed oils?
The oils that you use for cooking everything are extracted from seeds, fruits or vegetables and even nuts. Cold pressing is the method of oil extraction from oilseeds which may include sesame seed, sunflower seeds, canola, coconut or olive without really using heat to extract as that may degrade the oil’s flavour and nutritional quality. Cold pressing method is the process involving crushing seeds or nuts and forcing out the oil through pressure.
In olden times, a long cylindrical contraption known as ‘ghani’ was used to extract oil from oilseeds. Ghani was a mortar and pestle device made of stone or wood that used a perambulating animal to extract oil under pressure from oil-bearing seeds. This was the simplest method for cold pressing oils out of a seed as it didn’t involve the generation of too much heat.
What is available at most stores & supermarkets ?
If you are careful enough you will see different kinds of labels on your oil packaging :
What these words really mean is “our oil has gone through tons of chemical processes and is stripped of all it’s natural nutrients!”
What is Oil Refining?
Refining is a process of purification of oils. In this process, oils are robbed of naturally occurring gums, proteins, phospholipids, fine seed particles etc. This makes the oil “light/losorb”. Oils are also neutralized (acidity balanced!), bleached (stripped of color) and deodorized (devoid of it’s natural aroma). And to achieve all these the oil is heated at high temperatures and is treated with chemicals etc.
In a nutshell, modern refined cooking oils provide nothing but pure empty calories (devoid of all nutrients but fats!)
Why do oil companies sell Refined Oils ?
•Modern cooking style of “deep frying”
Why you should move to cold pressed oils :
• Nutritionally Rich: Be it traditional lakdi ghana/kachchi ghani/chekku ennai or commercially prepared extra virgin oils (made using temperature controlled expeller pressing method), cold pressed oils retain most of proteins, vitamins, phosholipids, antioxidants, lecithin etc. And obtaining these essential nutrients from an all natural source is a much wiser and holistic choice than getting them from multivitamin pills.
• Chemical Free: During refining, various chemicals are used like Hexane, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda), Bleaching Agents etc. And on top of that chemicals like Propyl Gallate, BHA, BHT are introduced as preservatives! Now not all of these are exactly toxic or carcinogenic , but if you are someone who is conscious about living organically and staying away from chemicals, you should consider switching back to cold pressed!
• Forgotten Flavors: Virgin oils, their flavor and aroma, compliments all Indian foods and the spices well. Get those forgotten flavors back into your food.
• Environmental Impact: You lower your carbon foot-print when you are consuming less processed things and saving the environment too.
• Way of Life: Cooking with cold pressed oils has been a tradition not only in India.
Few things to remember :
Cold pressed oils have a limited shelf life (max 6 months). You can always maximize the shelf life by storing it in the cold (think refrigeration) and dark (think non transparent bottles) places, although it is always advisable to use them up as soon as possible to reap their full nutritional benefits.
• Using it up :
Every time you open a bottle of any cold pressed cooking oil – use within 45days.
There are no review yet.